Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another Tuesday

The countdown begins before another treatment. I feel like I have to run around and take care of everything today that I won't be able to do tomorrow. Wednesdays just don't exist on my calendar now. I usually dont even cook dinner on Wednesdays. I spend quality time at Lahey and then need to sleep for a couple of hours. Next Wednesday evening there is an event at Lahey I would like to go to but really can't. I was talking to a women I know yesterday who also wants to go to the event and also has chemo on Wednesdays. She said there is no way she can go either. If I am lucky on Wednesdays I squeeze in a walk but it usually isn't very far. Tomorrow however I am on a slightly later schedule so I might actually even get a walk in the morning.

Tomorrow is Halloween. Maybe I should find a costume to wear to chemo. I do have to go buy a little more candy. We never get trick or treaters here. None. Not a single one. But Murphy's law says if we don't have any candy in the house, we actually would get some. How do you tell a six year old that you don't have any candy for them? Therefore I have to go buy some candy 'in case' and if no one shows up, we get to eat it. (Actually, I hide it from Walter and put some in his lunch every day.)

I did resolve my little Lahey mystery. I was at Lahey yesterday and stopped by to ask when my appointments are and was told they have nothing in the computer. Basically it turns out that the doctor's office is behind in entering appointments and she hadn't put in my schedule for the next three weeks. Now I know. 1115am tomorrow. 915am for the next two weeks after that. (Since I wrote it here I can always come back to this when I forget what time they said, lose the piece of paper I wrote it on and never get a reminder in the mail. Why don't I use a calendar you ask? Well that would be logical and require planning.)

Okay, now I am off to walk in the tropical 45 degrees that we have today.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...