Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Yesterday's question: what are the side effects of taxol?

Well, not as bad as my first set of chemo. I don't seem quite as tired, less nausea (yippee), food issues are some what better (but chocolate ice cream is the magic cure all - 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's on hand in the freezer), my digestive system is somewhat happier with me in general (occasionally it makes its presence known), and the fatigue (which is different than being tired) is there but not as over whelming. A lot of this is caused by low blood counts. Not just the white blood counts but the red blood counts (meaning anemia as I mentioned) and platelets. I am trying to eat more iron filled foods (steak, tuna, spinach, raisins, etc). However, the side effects are accumulating so they will probably get worse over the next 11 weeks. That is when the crabby evil twin appears and makes life miserable for everyone...

Now I have two part time jobs to balance and am trying to walk every day and need to take care of psycho kitty (he had some weird skin thing going on so he got a steroid shot which has turned him into an absolute pig with periodic running through the house... may need to call the vet again before we run out of cat food. Oink!). Otherwise, I am fine. I get tired. Take naps and go to bed at 9pm. Last night I made it until 930pm - yippee!

Of course I feel okay today because tomorrow is chemo day. Let's see if I have another allergic reaction and then sleep 14 hours.... Something to look forward to. See I do have interesting things going on in my life! NOT!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...