Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An amazing concept

If you are missing things, try cleaning up and voila, they will reappear. Today I have rediscovered: my sister's birthday present that I bought and put in a safe place (basket on the stairs go upstairs), the book I meant to bring on vacation to show my friend (on the floor under a box), a picture frame that I had forgotten I had (so I just bought one identical to it last week for a picture), and enough yarn for ten projects (most of which I had forgotten I had). (I have also found a few million dust bunnies and enough cat hair for another couple of cats but those don't really count.)

I admit in the past year my house cleaning has taken a downturn - it hasn't been that much of a priority - and my office has turned into a giant black hole that can be kind of scary. But this afternoon an old friend is coming over so I have to pretend the house is clean and make an attempt. Also, I might have a touch of stress about my doctor appointment this morning. (House cleaning is a good stress buster.)

I also have my bag packed to go to the doctor. I have all my lists, the puzzles from today's paper, and a book. I know I have a 9 am and a 1030 am appointment so chances are I will have to spend some quality time sitting around at some point. I think there is also a good potential to get sucked into the Lahey black hole where they say 'we want you to go to here, and here, and here, and here, and come back to go there' for more tests and all sorts of other fun stuff. Could there be needles in my day today? Well, possibly. Actually I wouldn't be surprised. But if I have blood tests today, then maybe I can skip them on Friday as well. That would be nice.

Otherwise, this morning I am going for a walk since I am up early. It is very nice this morning - around 60, low humidity, and a nice blue sky. I also have all sorts of flowers blooming now. The picture is of my begonia. I will take some more pictures to bore you all later today.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...