Monday, July 14, 2008

A very cool event

Yesterday we went to a clambake fund raiser for some women who are riding in the Pan Mass Challenge. If you are feeling like you are in incredibly good shape and could ride somewhere between 68 and 192 miles for charity, it is a very worthy cause. It is the largest athletic fund raising event in the country and I think their goal is $34,000,000 this year. The funds raised go to cancer research. It was a very good time. Lots of good food, music, games, and a raffle (which some say was rigged... but that's another story).

My lovely little gall stone precluded me from having chowder, or butter on my lobster, clams or bread, or corn. Or eating half the appetizers. Or going out for ice cream afterwards. But I still had lots of fun. There were several other cancer survivors there. Unfortunately, there are far too many of us. It would be nice if there was no need to be a survivor if cancer was curable. Which is the whole purpose for the PMC in the first place. So if you are feeling generous, go make a donation for those who do ride.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...