Friday, July 4, 2008

Changing the frequency

In an effort to be greener (and cheap) this year, we opted not to install and use our window air conditioners. We are sticking with fans which works rather well for us as we have ceiling fans in 3 rooms and window fans. We upgraded the fan in our bedroom to be a window fan with a remote control. Also in our bedroom, we have a TV, VCR, and DVD player. We have found that our TV and the new window fan are partially on the same frequency. When you hit the Previous Channel button on the remote that came with the TV or the universal remote we use for the VCR, the fan cycles through its power settings of off, low, medium, and high. Now what do we do? I really don't think there is any way to change the frequency here. Very odd and a little disconcerting.

To celebrate the 4th of July this year in a more exciting manner than last year, we are actually going to make a yummy dinner of lobster. I know its kind of mean to kill a lobster but I will leave the kitchen so as not to witness the massacre. The real question Walter has is it really mean to put the lobsters on the floor for the cat to play with before dinner... (I admit to doing this as a child.)

Last year's 4th of July was spent waiting to go for surgery for a second time. We did have a small barbecue but this year were not even organized enough for that. We will attempt to stay up for the fireworks but they don't start until 1030pm so that may not work. Actually, face it, it probably is totally out of the question for us. But that is why they invented VCRs. We could go watch the fireworks some place but there has been so much rain recently everything will be all wet and it might rain again tonight.

Last night we went out for sushi. You would think sushi is nicely low fat. Well apparently my gall bladder disagreed and was not happy about something I ate. Today I will stick with bland food and not even put butter on my lobster.

On a more exciting note, my container vegetable garden is coming along nicely. I have many little green tomatoes and cucumbers. I think one of them will be big enough to eat in just a few days. There are also a few little, itty, bitty peppers but they clearly need some more time. If it would stop raining and be sunny for a few days, they might even ripen!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...