Thursday, July 17, 2008

More sightings

In my big adventure yesterday, I had to return to the Lahey parking garage. It is a giant place with over 1000 spaces. And it is full of OMWAHs (Old Man With A Hat, but I am not sexist or ageist, anyone can be an OMWAH if they can't drive). You know these people well. They brake constantly, for no reason. They use their turn signal when they aren't turning but don't use it when they are. If they see someone walking near them in the garage, they slow down and follow them. Then they will block traffic waiting for the person to get in their car and start it. Since I am so perfect, I would never do any of those.

Yesterday I entered the garage and drove down the first row, where you can NEVER get a space. Someone was walking to their car. I stopped. They got in their car. I had to back up a teensy bit (but there was no one behind me yet). They took their time and then they pulled out. Then I got the primo parking place and only made about 3 cars wait about 30 seconds. (Oh, was I an OMWAH? Okay, maybe. See we've all done it.) But then when I left a man in a giant old Cadillac decided to wait for me to get in my car and pull out and he backed up (with about 10 cars behind him). So I was clearly not the worst offender yesterday.

So the doctor said... 'Yes, you have all the classic gall bladder symptoms. There is a 90% chance that is what we will find. There are no more tests you can do to confirm that it is just a gall stone so we go in and take it out. There is a chance its something else or more than just the gallstone but we can't tell until we get in there. Its like a really expensive test.' He then gave me a little anatomy lesson to explain why they start to do all of the laproscopically these days but there is a 10% chance that for whatever reason, they will get in there and realize its not going to work with out the big old fashioned incision. Great. Sounds like fun. However, I can wait until the end of September for this but if I have a gall bladder attack that lasts more than 3 or 4 hours before then, I need to go to the emergency room. So after a trip to the blood lab, I just need to wait for the scheduler to call me in a few weeks to set this up. In the meantime, I will continue my fat (ice cream, fried clams, french fry, and cheese) free ways.

Also yesterday an old friend from college who I hadn't seen in 20 years came over with her daughter. We decided we looked exactly the same as in college but could possibly have gained a few pounds and that's it. It was great to see her. Always try to reconnect with old friends. It makes life much more fun.

This morning I am off for a walk and then work and then nails done, and then I am going to the beach with another friend. I can't wait. Its going to be upper 80's and sunny. Low tide late in the afternoon. This will be great. But I cannot get a sunburn as I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. They really frown on that. Just never get sun burned the day before you go to the doctor unless you want the skin cancer lecture.

Now I am off to put cayenne pepper around my cucumbers growing in the garden as something has developed a taste for them!

2 comments:

Susan said...

You'll be glad you the got the gall bladder removed, as distateful is the thought of another surgery.

I am jealous of your garden! There are so many challenges growing vegetables in Florida. I'm from Pennsylvania and I often wish I could move a ton of soil from there to here!

Anonymous said...

get the kleenex and watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U&NR=1

Sheila

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...