Saturday, July 5, 2008

At least one of us is patient

It has been a year since the chipmunk incident. The cat is still waiting for the chipmunk to come back. You would think he would have given up by now. But actually he spends hours each day waiting by the front door to catch another one. I mentioned this to Walter last night and he was surprised that I remembered. Well I remembered the date because it has been one year since my second surgery in this lovely adventure. Well my scar has healed from that one but I am still waiting for this to end. Sigh. Some day it will. I hope. (I guess I am not any better at being a patient patient than I am at suffering in silence.)

In the meantime, I am focusing on my vegetable garden this year. Please pretend there are no weeds in these pictures but you can see little tiny tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. I am very pleased. We have been getting tons of rain so don't ask my why I watered them all on Friday night. What was I thinking? But the cucumbers should be ready in a day or two.

Also, my flowers are coming along nicely. It is my goal to have something, or several things, blooming in my garden all summer long. So far, so good. But I do need a few more plants. (Its another one of my little addictions - buying plants for the garden.

I do need to report about what is probably the lamest product substitution in the world. A couple of months ago, I believe it was Walgreens but I could be wrong on that (I know it was a national chain and my chemo brain can't remember), had a promotion to send in a form for a free reusable shopping bag. I have a few bags but wouldn't mind a few more. I didn't get a shopping bag. I got a really lame, unusable (and fairly ugly) rectangular Tupperware container. I can understand them running out of bags. Why didn't they just send a coupon to go to a store and pick up a reusable bag when they were back in stock or something? I don't need this container and probably will just give it away or recycle it. Also, wasn't the whole point of the promotion to reduce plastic use and they sent a plastic container?

Yesterday to celebrate the fourth of July, we had a gourmet dinner. We had lobster and steak and green beans and salad. It was quite good. And messy. And the raccoon that came along and pulled all the lobster shells out of the trash in the driveway enjoyed it as well. We don't usually eat like that.

Today we are recovering from eating like that and will have lots of vegetables. After we go out for a walk and then mini golf. The top of our list this weekend is mini golf. We will fit in at least one game. Priorities!

Actually our biggest priority this weekend is to finish the damn fence. It is almost done.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...