Sunday, July 13, 2008

You would think I would know better

You would think I would know better than to over do it these days. Yesterday morning we got up, went for a walk, came home, Walter finsihed packing, went out to breakfast, took him to the airport, went to a yard sale (and bought a very useful file holder for $0.50 and thought I dropped my clip on sunglasses there), did some weeding, started laundry, got gas, stopped by my parents house, met a friend for lunch, went shopping for 2 hours, and at 315, I was exhausted. Maybe I did too much. In some ways I am happy I made it to 315 before running out of steam. But I came home and sat around and did nothing for a couple hours to recover. (But I did find my clip on sunglasses - I had dropped them in the living room before leaving.)

Today I have to plan my resources better. I have to finish laundry this morning, go for a walk, stop by another yard sale which is right on one of my walk routes, get a key copied, and then go to a clam bake. Some friends, who apparently are in much better shape than me, are riding in the Pan Mass Challenge in a few weeks. They are having a lobster bake fund raiser on the coast of Maine, about 1 1/4 from here. I am driving up with a friend. It should be a very fun afternoon. A year later I am finally able to start having fun again.

Last week I had some good intentions (isn't the road to hell supposedly paved with good intentions?). I said I will start going to the gym again and using the machines at least twice a week instead of just walking outside. I made it on Monday and not since. I think I will go again tomorrow. Its supposed to rain. I also said I would eat oatmeal for breakfast every day and have a glass of milk with it. I did do that every day except yesterday where I had egg beaters and one slice of toast. I had also said I would ride my bike to work one day a week for the five weeks of summer. I did that one day last week (and my butt hurts a bit less today) and only could consider it for one day this week due to rain in the forecast and other commitments - like stupid doctor appointments. Two trips to Lahey this week and both will take about 3 hours... Grr... But today I will have fun first.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...