Friday, February 27, 2009

PT # 2 update

I told you I would keep you updated on my PT (but its really so I write it down and don't forget about it - because as I have hinted, I might have chemo brain and no short term memory). Yesterday was PT #2 (but it was really #3 because I was a moron and wrote down the real #2 wrong on my calendar).

The therapist was pleased to see how well I was doing with the exercises and upgraded me to some new ones. One of them is called the 'One Armed Dead Bug'. To do this, lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Raise your arms so they are straight up in the air. Simultaneously hold your stomach muscles in (but continue breathing, do not hold your breath), and raise your left foot off the ground and your right hand over your head, hold for a second or two and switch sides. Do two sets of ten each. You will look like a one armed dead bug if your coordination allows you to complete the manuever. Its not as easy as it looks. If you can walk and chew gum, you might be up for it. I have to stop and think.

On the other hand, she was concerned about back spasms while at the dentist and some of the other pain issues I have. We are still working on stabilization and have not yet gotten to strengthening yet. On the plus side, we can add PT sessions if needed. In the meantime, maybe I will end up more coordinated.

Also yesterday I worked from home and went to work. We run a children's program and the rush has begun. We get about 1000 registrations in for summer. We already have over 100 and the catalog has not yet been mailed out. This is just from online. It gets very crazy at work. Crabbiness might be looming. I'll have to see. But with chemo brain maybe I can leave the stress at work by conveniently forgetting about it.

In the meantime, I have another over scheduled day today: Work from home, manicure, job interview, phone call, and walk with a friend. This job interview is the self defeating one - what if I worked at a garden center? Would I spend my salary on plants? This could be very dangerous. Oh, yes, I would have to exercise that self control thing I hear about sometimes.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...