Monday, September 14, 2009

Changing vacation plans

We used to plan all sorts of energetic vacations where we would climb mountains and hike all day and do all sorts of energetic things. We didn't do that this time. We were driving here and my husband mentioned something about bringing hiking boots... It hadn't even crossed my mind to bring hiking boots. I was more concerned with bringing matching pairs of shoes. Hiking boots weren't on my radar. This have changed.

We have been having fun but not really hiking.I mean today we walked around Monhegan Island but my back hurt. And then the boat ride back, made my back hurt more. I think my choices of fun things in life will have to change. Which is moderately depressing. More than moderately. Every time I turn around, something else becomes something I can't/shouldn't do.

I am not sure what we will do on the rest of our vacation but it will include sedentary activities. We will go to the beach.

PS I just went back and read this. I don't mean to sound whiney. I mean to sound frustrated and pissed off and what I cant do. And yes there is a difference. But I am still going to the beach.

1 comment:

acadia said...

Several members in my family have been affected by cancer, and I've started a contest/project in memory/honor of those who have been touched by cancer. Please consider participating. Thanks. I really wish you the best. My grandmother currently has breast cancer.

http://www.thoughts4gifts.org/2009/09/contest-in-honor-of-anyone-who-has-been.html

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...