Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Holiday Miracle - Or Am I Confused

I think my brain is returning. Can it be possible? Have I settled in to my recent lack of brain or has my recently changed medication levels helped? All I know is I feel like I can think again these days. Now my husband would argue that I shouldn't think and plan and do things like that because it usually results in work for him. But I enjoy being able to remember what I was going to do five minutes ago, most of the time. Now I will not say my brain is completely returned (or that I am completely sane) but I do feel better.

So last week I had my doctor visits. I met with my new oncologist - who is much younger than me and made me feel like an old fart. However, she spent half an hour talking to me (yes a doctor who communicates) before examining me. So here's the deal. She thinks I am doing okay - which is always good. I asked her if I should ever go to an endocrinologist because of the thyroid cancer thingy. I went to the conference recently for thyroid cancer survivors and everyone talked about going to an endo and I haven't been to one in YEARS. Possibly 15, but probably more like 10. I asked her if I ever should and she said yes. Therefore I get another new doctor! Yippee, yahoo. NOT!

Then we talked about tamoxifen vs. going on an Aromatase Inhibitor which are the new hormonal things to take after breast cancer for post menopausal women (or should I say chemopausal women - thank you chemo! NOT!). She said she would like me to switch in six months but wants a bone density scan as a baseline then. I was already scheduled for one because I am osteopenic but apparently AIs are hard on your bones too so I will need to be monitored (oh, joy! NOT!). So I get to go back and see her in six months.

Then she answered all my other questions about aches and pains and backs and mets and all sorts of other issues and basically said I am normal and after cancer treatment you get the additional joy and privilege of post treatment pain for years. Also, its a good thing she's young because I get to see her regularly for the next three years and then yearly for life.

Finally, I say the meds prescribing therapist (psychologist/psychiatrist I can't remember) and she agreed to cut back my dose of anti depressants to half. This is perhaps why my brain has returned. I am not sure. The jury is still out on this but I can think somewhat again.

Today is Sunday. You knew that you have calendars too. I have to make one last ditch run to the grocery store for the things I forgot to buy but need before Thanksgiving. I will do that now before the hoards descend. Then walk with a friend later and out to dinner for my parents 53rd wedding anniversary.

1 comment:

mary johnson said...

ALL THANKS TO DR OSO WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER. 
I'm here again to appreciate. DR OSO God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you don in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m MARY JOHNSON from TEXAS . I was tested breast cancer positive, I saw a blog on how DR OSO cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking DR OSO  herbal medicine for few weeks i went to hospital for check up so luckily i was healed  with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem or you are also infected with any kind of disease, contact him drosohaberhome@gmail.com or call/whatapp +2348162084839 for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there ..
             here is the  dr website. https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/
His blog page https://drosohaberhome.blogspot.com
you can also email me for more info about DR oso  via maryjohnson9700@gmail.com     ALL THANK TO DR OSO . ,,,,,,,,,,,,

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...