Thursday, November 26, 2009

Well That Was Stupid

Yesterday I was spending quality time online (wasting time again) and found a holiday food calculator. This is one where you enter everything you eat and it tells you how much you are really eating in terms of fat grams and calories. There are three choices here: ignore the totals, lie and enter that you are eating a small portion of white meat and some steamed vegetables or skip the calculator. That was stupid to enter everything.

This morning I still have to make two pies and go for a walk. I already made two pies, caramelized onions, cranberry sauce, and cornbread and something else I can't remember. However I got my husband to make both the mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. (How smart was that!)

This is the second holiday season since cancer. Last year I was still feeling wiped out from gall bladder surgery. I was tired but could eat food. Two years ago was mid-chemo and I wasn't interested in eating much. Now I can appreciate food more but if I stand for long periods of time, my back really starts to hurt. This means as opposed to its regular aches and pains it just turns into a big nasty mess. My goal is next year to be healthy and pain free. Can this happen? I don't know but I can hope.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...