Monday, November 9, 2009

A Really Clean Bathroom

Yesterday before I got home, there was an incident which resulted in a really clean bathroom. Walter was in the shower when the hose that goes to the bottom of the toilet tank spontaneously separated from the tank and proceeded to spray water all over the bathroom and dump an entire tank of water on the bathroom floor. (A little plastic thingy decided to fall apart.) It is very clean now. I don't recommend this way of cleaning the bathroom but it worked. And required lots of swearing, two trips to the hardware store to repair (first store didn't have the part). We are just glad someone was home when it happened.

The other event that happened this weekend is I overcooked carrots to the point that I have to throw away the pan - its now peeling inside... Grr. and it was a very nice pan.

I had a very nice weekend away but am exhausted. I am not sure why I am so tired this morning. Yesterday I did go for a walk and then went to bed relatively early. I also had a leg cramp in the middle of the night which prevented a good night's sleep and have a fair amount of back pain this morning. Grrr! But I will do my best to ignore it all and go about my busy day. Call me over scheduled but I think I may be today.

But the big news for this weekend is I have a million veggies to admire. I joined a Winter Farm Share CSA and Walter picked up our November share on Saturday. We now have (deep breath): sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, parsnips, turnips (2 kinds), kohlrabi, lettuce, green peppers, brussels sprouts, radishes, apples (3 kinds), leeks, and a few other things I am sure I am forgetting. I am bringing a fair amount to my parents because there is more than we can eat. And we get another share the first weekend in December. Most exciting! I love fresh, organic vegetables.

Anyway, I do have an over scheduled day that I should just get started instead of procrastinating online again.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...