Sunday, December 15, 2013

Crap, crap, crap

I have been a bad person. Once again I didn't break any laws or get arrested or anything. But this weekend is my last two craft shows of the year. I have been knitting like mad to get as many UFOs (Unfinished Objects) completed so I could sell them. I usually try to space out my knitting because of my arthritis so I have less self induced pain. I wasn't very smart this week. I am done knitting for a while.

Yesterday I drove on a gray day an hour away to a craft fair that was a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. It was in a lovely old building's basement. That had two sets of steep stairs to get in or out.

While I was there I lightened my load by selling a few things. But I did buy a gift basket for a friend. I also entered their raffles and did not win the MP3 player I really wanted, but I did win two food baskets - one Chinese and one Italian - which are full of canned goods. One was so heavy I could barely carry it.

I unpacked the baskets into my bubbe cart, which is my best friend at these events which are on one floor.
And dragged it up the two flights of stairs,  hoping some nice healthy person would show up and help. That hurt.

Then I made a second trip with my giant duffle bag on rollers which contains all my scarves. Much lighter but still not with out its share of pain.

Then I made two more trips of the light weight things.

Today my body hurts. I had an ice pack last night. Today I need more pain pills, arm splint and maybe compression sleeve.

But I have to uncover the car while Walter shovels snow and I can hit the road within an hour to go to another show where I will stand on my feet for six hours.

Crap, crap, crap.

Tomorrow I will sleep late and stay in bed until I feel like getting up.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...