Friday, December 6, 2013

Welcome to my life outside of cancerland

I do have a life outside of cancerland and being a patient. Actually I do lots of things but one of them is a direct result of having breast cancer. I knit and crochet. It helps pass the time between doctor appointments or waiting for test results.

Back in the fall of 2007, I must have been very whiny because a friend told me I needed a hobby. I started crocheting again. Then knitting. Then everyone in my family got a scarf, maybe even a bad one.Then I started giving them to my friends. Then I amassed a huge pile of scarves.

Somewhere in there a nice woman named, Lorna Miser, contacted me through my blog and wanted to quote me in her upcoming knitting book. She sent me some very nice yarn as a thank you. It's really nice yarn!

This week her book Knit Pink for Comfort, Gratitude, and Charity, showed up, with me quoted on page 43. Maybe my next hobby should be photography.

Last year I went out on a limb and tried having a table at a couple of craft shows. I did okay. I tried a couple more this year.

Now I am signed up for four more craft shows in the next 9 days. call me suicidal if you want. But please come visit me and buy scarves.

Then when I am done with my scarves I can finish the blanket for our bed that I started in July.

Thanks

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...