Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Justice is served

A few years back, a French company was accused of selling breast implants that were prone to rupture and possibly even filled with toxic contents. Lovely. They were sold in 65 countries world wide and affected 300,000 women. There was even a suspected death from a ruptured implant in 2010.

Usually when we hear about these cases, companies are fined and the executives who made the bad decisions end up in tropical exiles living out their days on the company's funds. Not this time.

The president of the company will spend 4 years in a French prison. He was also fined something like 75,000 Euros. And four other executives also got lesser sentences. And there is still a manslaughter trial pending in the death in 2010.

I can say justice was served in this case.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...