Saturday, January 23, 2016

Life in the new house

We are adapting to the new house. I really like having a lot of my life on one floor and fewer reasons to go up and down stairs. My body likes that as well. On the other hand, it means I am closer to the kitchen and other noise sources (what did you think I meant - midnight snacking?). When my husband stays up later than me or gets up earlier - both frequent occurrences - there isn't a flight of stairs protecting me from kitchen clean up or breakfast making sounds.

On the other hand, the cats like having us closer to their food dishes. They can hear us in our bedroom from anywhere on the first floor which means they come and beg for food as soon as they think its breakfast time. Or if I get up in the middle of the night, it must mean time for a snack - because I am on the same floor as the kitchen.

Overall its a good place for all of us. We aren't quite ready to entertain yet but are getting closer. The unpacking fairy hasn't shown up in the middle of the night to help us when we weren't looking so we have a ways to go. But I can now find most of my clothes and am getting my craft room/office set up the way I want it. I have also reconnected with my kitchen stuff - I have made bread in my bread maker, found the cuinsinart parts, and the crockpot. Tonight I making pulled pork for dinner (with homemade barbecue sauce, cornbread, and braised cabbage on the side) - this make me happy.

If you see the unpacking fairy, please send her our way. Thanks.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I love living on one floor! I am eight months pregnant and any trip up or down the stairs is an agonizing journey. However, I do agree that the amount of noise that comes out of the kitchen is very unpleasant, especially when you're trying to get some much needed sleep!

Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...