Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Persistent hope

Every day I get deluged (or so it feels) but an unending heap of emails. One of my subconscious goals is to get an email for a cure for any one of my ailments so I check them all with a glimmer of hope.

Today I got an email from Medivizor titled "What is the recommended treatment for patients with hormone receptor positive breast cancer". I quickly leaped to read it.... And was immediately disappointed. Perhaps I had hoped for a new cure, or to find out that there was a new treatment to prevent recurrence, or some other miracle.

But no, it was only the release of information that I had previously heard: Tamoxifen is recommended for 10 years for premenopausal women with ER+/PR+ breast cancer or for five years plus up to five more years of an Aromatase Inhibitor such as Aromasin or Femara. Damn.

Hopes are dashed for today this morning but will reappear the next time I check my email.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...