Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm not the only one who is confused

It is nice to know that the doctors and pathologists are often confused as well. Or do they just share their confusion with us patients? At any rate, it turns out medical tests are not necessarily black and white. I am sure there are safeguards and double checks built in to the system. I personally know that when I had a confusing pathology report on a recent test, my doctor discussed it with at least one other doctor. I know I discussed it with three of my doctors.

Now today I am off for another lovely back injection (can't wait - NOT). The actual injection is painful briefly but the results should heal that lovely spot in my back that jumps up to a pain level of 8 out of 10 if I stand or walk for more than ten minutes or so. (This morning it is twinging because I was bad yesterday and walked and cooked standing up for more than an hour.)

This also means that I need to get up and motivate as my husband is dropping me off at the hospital on his way to work. Originally he felt, we need to allow an hour for this. I'm giving him 15 minutes. That should put me there at 715 which is when he usually leaves for work and gives me over 2 hours to kill. But I have plans. I have one friend who is a volunteer and another who is an employee. I will stop by and see them both. I will read the newspaper and eat breakfast. I will get my blood work done which isn't due for another two weeks. I hope I can fit this all in before 930!

However I should be home by noon and then can get some work done and meet a friend for a walk. And hope my back will feel better in the next week or so.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...