Saturday, June 26, 2010

Anniversaries


This is not photoshop, this is Oscar the bionic cat. Really.

Yesterday was the anniversary (I think) of both Farrah Fawcett's death and Michael Jackson's. (Guess which one got more coverage - there were five shows on television last night about MJ.) There was also an article on how people celebrate anniversaries as part of healing and as a way of remembering.

Cancer people celebrate cancerversaries - their way of coping with the loss of their normal lives and reflecting on how their lives have changed forever. Ask any cancer person how they deal with their life changing event.

Today may not be a good day. I woke up with horrible pain in my right shoulder. This is new. This may also be a side effect of Femara. I had forgotten about this. Femara can cause joint pain and bone pain as a side effect. This may not be related to my back. I go back to my oncologist in September to see how I am doing. She can switch me to a different AI (Aromatase Inhibitor) to see if I handle it better. Worse case, I could go back on Tamoxifen but I was kind of enjoying feeling better since I have been off it.

Anyway, I have to motivate. I was stupid. (Not that being stupid is new for me.) I have to go to a fund raising breakfast this morning and then we are having a small party this afternoon. Why did I do this to myself? Because it seemed like a good idea at the time to have a party on the same day as the breakfast. I have a million things to do and the first one is to figure out what I am going to wear to this stupid breakfast - and I have to make a presentation!!! Grrr....

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...