Saturday, June 5, 2010

An annual event that I haven't decided on

We have reached our annual event for the fourth year in a row and I still haven't decided how I feel about it. We have an out of pocket cap on our health insurance that once we reach it, we no longer pay for anything medical for the rest of the year. Our insurance is set up so we pay a co-pay for office visits and then 15% of covered expenses until our out of pocket maximum is reached. We reached it on Thursday, or earlier in the week. Probably the bills from my latest back procedure kicked our expenses up to this level. I'll find out in the mail in the next day or two.

In 2007, it kicked in two months after my diagnosis. In 2008 and 2009, it kicked in over the summer. This year its late May/early June.

I am ambivalent on this. It means we are sick enough to reach this. But it means my personal cash flow will be greatly improved for the next six months. Those co-pays and 15%'s add up quickly. There was a period of my life where I only cared about the $300 annual deductible. I think I would prefer that.

Anyway, today I wanted to catch up on my weeding but its raining. I wanted to go to a few yard sales but its raining. We are going to a party that will no longer be outside because its raining. Nothing like a rainy weekend after beautiful weather all week - except for a few thunderstorms here and there. My weeds will wait. I am sure the yard sales will take place next weekend. The party will still be fun even if its inside.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...