Thursday, January 17, 2008

I figured it out

Its not me, its the stupid machine (at the parking lot that is). Yesterday's adventure: I left put the validated (therefore free) parking ticket in the machine. It said I owed $2... I almost just backed up (no big line behind me yet) and went back in for them to revalidate it and almost pushed the Press for Assistance button but I decided I will retry the ticket. It worked and opened the gate. This proves it. Its not me. Its not my mind. Its the damn machine. I can beat it! That was one good thing.

Well here's a one week update on my crisping. First of all, while they are very nice and now know me by name, they have entirely too many sweets there. On the front desk yesterday were not one but two open boxes of chocolates next to the little fish tank (I don't think the fish were having any). Then there was home made gingerbread on the coffee table. I said something about all the sweets and volunteer said 'but its only gingerbread'. Hmmm... I did not succumb. We have plenty of chocolate and ice cream at home. About my skin. Well, it feels a little sore. It is not red yet. I am 'hydrating' my skin regularly (probably 4 times a day) and so far its okay. Apparently week 3 is the time skin issues will kick in. I will post again. Yesterday also I couldn't use locker 7 (see update from a few days ago). I had to use locker 8. How stressful. There was also a man waiting around the dressing area while a woman was in the men's room with the door propped open. Quite odd to say the least.

Last night the big mystery was why did I have circles under my eyes? I was brushing my teeth before going to bed and noticed big circles under my eyes. I asked Walter and he considered them little circles (I hate to think what the big circles I used to get looked like) and asked me if I did too much yesterday. (Now would I do that?) I didn't do that much yesterday. The daily trips to the crisper require me to finish up work or whatever else I am doing by 3pm so I can zip over there and then I usually come home. That definitely curtails my chances of 'overdoing it'.

I did go to the gym yesterday. (My teeth were fine at the dentist too.) Today I am going for a walk with a friend on the (plowed) bike path before work and crisping. Then I have to go to the farm stand to get fruit and vegetables. We have none. We are done to some old onions, moldy garlic (how old does garlic have to be before it gets moldy?), one tangerine and one apple. 5-9 servings of vegetables and fruits every day. I am trying. So far just a glass of juice (1 serving) and if I eat the tangerine that will be two servings so far. Then salad for dinner - maybe 2 more - plus some cooked vegetables - that would put me up to 6... It is difficult to get to 9. I guess its just not going to happen. Gee my life is SSSSOOOOO exciting! That's my daily update on my boring life.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...