Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm hungry

I can't eat this morning so of course I woke up wanting coffee and food! Grrr!!! It will be hours before I can eat anything. But they will provide me with some lovely 'beverages' of bicarbonate soda and barium to take the edge off while I am enjoying my morning. The worst will be they said I can go for my crisping before my fun test and I bet they have donuts or something !!!! Will power, will power, will power. As long as I get MY locker and My dressing room I can probably survive. One good thing is that I can park in the evil little parking lot for both and not have to move my car and the section of Lahey where I have my lovely test is right next to the crisping building. I will go outside for my walk later this afternoon, after a big lunch.

Now I don't want to start any partisanship or politics here but I am quite glad I missed the majority of the state of the union address last night. I find political speeches to be rather boring usually because you really have to think afterwards - what is he really going to do? The speech was just sucking up to certain groups and making good on campaign promises (since he talked about it, he clearly means he will try to do it but don't blame the other side from blocking him from getting his legislation through). I am not just referring to Emperor George II here but basically to most politicians in general. I do vote and pay attention to politics, I just try to avoid the big speeches.

Guess what, I am procrastinating. It is 730. I have to leave at 8. I haven't taken a shower or found a book to bring with me. The cat is feeling neglected as well. I am running late again. Also, I need to figure out what to wear. It has to be an outfit that is conducive to putting it on, and then taking it off twice to put on Dr. Seymour Butz gowns at the hospital. It will be squished into a locker twice so it must be wrinkle proof. It must also be stylish enough for my support group - sometimes just looking good improves the mood. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Now I am running really late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Crispy" Caroline-
I love your blog. I'm not done with it yet and probably never will be ( have a hard time finishing things )but I relate to your procrastination. Keep pluggin' along...Holly ( your new Komen gal )

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...