Sunday, January 27, 2008

To continue my Friday adventures

I did survive both the center of the OMWAH universe a/k/a the main parking garage and the evil little parking lot on Friday. I was too lazy to walk through the hospital. Also, I decided I would have a better dining experience at the food court in the mall so I had an additional excuse. I took my daily walk through the mall.

It has been quite some time since I have been there and I was glad to see there were no significant holiday decorations up. Sometimes I think its always a holiday at a mall. I window shopped and only bought one small thing for a birthday present. I did stroll through a very high end jewelry store (that shall remain nameless) that is about to enter bankruptcy proceedings and started selling off their inventory yesterday (a good thing it wasn't on sale on Friday or I might have had to buy myself something). One question is, this jewelry store, which was busy inventorying everything and the owners left the country in questionable circumstances, has a separate smaller store for watch repair in the same mall. This watch repair store had a Now Hiring sign up. Um... who wants to apply for a job at a store that is going out of business? Not me! Anyhow, that was a nice distraction from my regular grind of going to Lahey.

Yesterday I did go to the library and returned my slightly overdue library books. However, one of these books I took with me to my doctors appointments and had stuck my receipts and notes into it while I was sitting around the hospital. Unfortunately, those receipts and notes also got returned to the library. Oops! I will call them tomorrow and see if they can be retrieved!

Today, Walter had to go into work as it is really busy. He is slightly crabby because he is working too much and not getting enough downtime. He also claims that he didn't get enough sleep because someone snored too loudly - we have to teach the cat not to snore so much! Anyhow, to help alleviate the crabbiness level, we went to our favorite local diner for breakfast. Nothing like a plate of cholesterol and fat (a/k/a an omelet with blue cheese, bacon and apples, hash browns, and toast) to start your day off on a good note. I will go for a walk later as well.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...