Saturday, May 23, 2009

Why am I up so early?

Three guesses, and the first two don't count. I woke up and my back started to hurt. I had several choices - lie in bed and suffer, take pain pill and be loopy all day, or get up and put ice on my back and play on the internet. I went with plan C. The cat is happy because he got breakfast early. But I left my ice pack out of the freezer last night so I have to use the little lumpy one which isn't as effective but still makes difference.

Yesterday I did get to the beach. It was a great thing to do on a 90 degree day. But while driving to the beach, I learned something new. Reason 1,000,001 for not driving and talking on the phone - you won't pay attention to where you are going and might get a tiny bit lost. Needless to say, I will pay more attention in the future.

Today we are going to a wedding of an old friend, his second. It should be very low key with a cake and champagne reception in the church hall following the ceremony. There should be a bunch of old friends there as well who we never get to see.

But first, we are going out for our morning walk - when my husband wakes up. Then maybe some gardening. I wish my back would stop hurting! Grrr.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...