Monday, December 28, 2009

There are two sides to every argument

Okay, I read another article in the paper this morning (really someday I'll stop doing this) and it provides some good insight on teh two sides of the mammogram guidelines debate. It focuses on a woman who was part of the task force but who's family has a history of breast cancer. It does point out that everyone's cancer has their own story - cancer discovered by baseline mammograms at 40 that would be skipped if the guidelines were adopted. The whole science vs. fear discussion is blah, blah, blah, blah reiterated but it does conclude with a quote from the task force member that is really the whole point: ‘You really need to look at your personal needs and what you feel comfortable with - and what the evidence is saying.’

Anyway, so we are rounding out the holiday weekend and the cat doesn't seem to be his usual self. Yesterday he slept through dinner. This is a cat who is present for every possible meal and more. He slept from about 2 pm to 8 pm and didn't even flinch when I ran the can opener. Then he went back to bed. I am on hold with the vet right now to see if we can bring him in for a check up tomorrow morning.

Today we were going to do something exciting but there are pesky snow squalls due through here so we will have to find something a little closer to do. Otherwise, just another day with back pain....

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...