Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Am I supposed to be stressed?

I am really not stressed about my big needle adventure this morning. Am I supposed to be? I am very much looking forward to pain relief. I hate/dislike needles themselves.

But I have been through this procedure three times already so I  know what is expected. I have had probably six or seven other back injections as well. The last time I was there, the nurses all thought they knew me.

Well I will enjoy not being stressed. I am hungry of course but will have to wait to eat - no solid food after midnight.  And I could use some water - no liquids for two hours prior to arrival.

Upon my return, I will take a nap with an ice pack (and a cat who likes to snuggle). If/when I wake up, I might:
  • fold some laundry.
  • convince my husband its his turn to make dinner
  • prepare for a meeting I am having here tomorrow (which means I need to tidy the dining room).
  • And possibly go to the bookstore with my husband.
Of all those, my husband cooking dinner would be nice but tidying the dining room and living room before my meeting is important. I should probably also even look at my notes.

Damn, that meeting could stress me  out if I'm not careful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,

Thank you for sharing your journey through breast cancer. As a breast cancer blogger I thought you might be interested in the virtual ribbon wall that The Breast Center of Greensboro Imaging recently launched, which is available at PinkInThePark.com/ribbon-wall.

Although this is a company based in North Carolina, the virtual aspect of the ribbon wall makes it have a national significance and I believe we can never do enough to honor those who have or have had breast cancer.

I have provided the release below, but please feel free to let me know if you need any supplemental materials and I will be more than happy to facilitate that.


Thank you,

Jennie Ahlgren
Assistant Account Executive, Trone Brand Energy
336.812.2022
jahlgren@trone.com






FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Contact:
Jennie Ahlgren
Assistant Account Executive, Trone Brand Energy
336.812.2022
jahlgren@trone.com


REMEMBER, HONOR AND CELEBRATE: BREAST CANCER JOURNEY
Greensboro Imaging creates virtual ribbon wall

Greensboro, NC—June 26, 2013—The Breast Center of Greensboro Imaging has launched a virtual ribbon wall to remember, honor and celebrate loved ones touched by breast cancer. Anyone can create their own complimentary ribbon at PinkInThePark.com/ribbon-wall.

For the last two decades, the pink ribbon has been an unmistakable symbol of solidarity and support for women in all stages of their journey with breast cancer. A physical ribbon wall launched at Pink in the Park’s inaugural event five years ago. Each year this one-day event kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. In order to expand beyond this event and to continually honor breast cancer patients, The Breast Center of Greensboro Imaging created the virtual ribbon wall.

“The impact of social media is more prominent each day, and we really want to keep getting the word out,” said Dr. Michelle Brown at The Breast Center of Greensboro Imaging. “One in eight women will suffer from breast cancer in her lifetime. I think most people know someone who has battled or is battling currently, and it’s just as important to spread the word about this disease as it is to encourage, celebrate and honor those who have been affected by it. We realize that breast cancer affects people every single day, not just during October, so this is a wonderful way to bring attention to such an important cause.”

To create a ribbon, visit PinkInThePark.com/ribbon-wall. You can share your ribbon on Facebook in order to raise awareness of the impact of breast cancer and to encourage your friends and followers to create their own ribbons. Whether you or a loved one are undergoing treatment, celebrating remission or honoring the life of another, a pink ribbon shows undeniable support for the cause. Dr. Michelle Brown adds, “Together we can create a ribbon gallery of fighters and survivors, in honor or in memory, and together we can share the common strength among these individuals.”

About The Breast Center of Greensboro Imaging
The Breast Center of Greensboro Imaging is an outpatient diagnostic imaging center designed to serve a woman’s mammography health needs, from mammograms to breast biopsy as well as ultrasound and bone density screening. The center was formed in 2001 and is located on the fourth floor of the Professional Medical Center at 1002 Church Street in Greensboro. To schedule a mammogram or other appointment, call 336.271.4999 or go to greensboroimaging.com.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...