Sunday, June 23, 2013

Doing whats good for you

Yesterday we did something that is good for us. We went to the beach. I am not saying we went and stayed all day but we did go and stay for a few hours. Thanks to my back, I couldn't walk in the loose sand. I also found I could walk in the hard packed sand but only if it was flat.

I went for a nice long walk on the beach, which successfully made my back hurt because the sand was either tilted or bumpy. But it was worth it.

We had very healthy fried clams (gluten free) on our way home but I did have a salad with home made hummus for lunch to counter act it.

It was a very nice day. But today I will go to the gym, run some errands and generally take it easy. I have to work again tomorrow and Tuesday and I worked on Friday. Two days off is not realy enough for me to get enough rest on the weekend unless I really plan it.

Seriously, a two day weekends are hard for me. I try to work my three days together and then have a four day weekend so I can recover. The next few weeks I have two day weekends, work, and then medical procedures sucking up the rest of my time.

But I digress. Off to the gym now....

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...