Thursday, June 20, 2013

I hate heartburn

I really, really, really hate heartburn. I am at the point where I could even say I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really hate heart burn. I get heart burn all the time.

I take Prilosec (or the cheaper version from Costco) daily. I take tums as needed. I watch what I eat.

I have a  hiatal hernia which is on the border between being big and small. It is 3cm and small is considered <3cm and="" is="" large="">3cm, so I guess its middle sized. It helps contribute to heart burn.

I am also on meloxicam for my back which is an anti inflammatory and has a tendency to irritate stomachs. But if I don't take it, I get more aches and pains.

I am on Methotrexate which can (and seems to) cause stomach irritation.

I get heart burn driving in my car on the way home from work. I get heart burn sitting in bed blogging (like I am doing right now) for absolutely no reason.

I have had an endoscopy (which was pretty damn nasty) to show that I have the hiatal hernia and some erosion but not much.

The newest instructions from my physical are to add Zantac (not Xanax which is something completely different) to my daily selection of pills and see if that helps. After two days, I don't feel any better so maybe I am just impatient. Who wouldn't be impatient with heartburn?

I just hate heartburn.

1 comment:

Jim's Girl said...

Zantac does nothing for me. I've had heartburn and reflux for years. Add naprosyn (aleve) 4 times a day and tamoxifen and I'm in agony. I use Prevacid, now twice a day and that does the trick as long as a abstain from alcohol. But then last night... Arg. I'm afraid it might have been the ice cream that did me in. I hope I don't have to give it up!

I hope you get relief soon!

Kate, of Kate Has Cancer

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...