Saturday, March 15, 2014

They want to take it back

Its pretty hard to say something that makes international headlines and then say "I want to take it back"

Back at the beginning of February, I blogged about this awesome new stem cell discovery on how they can be made but dumping cells in an acid bath or something equally scary. It was such a huge discovery, other disgruntled scientists who didn't make the awesome discovery themselves immediately started protesting saying it can't be possible and other less than polite terms.

Now the big news. The first guy was wrong and is trying to 'unannounce' what he said - and since its on the internet, you know it will NEVER go away. And the other guys were right. Actually there were two authors for the study about acid baths, and one guy wants to withdraw and the other says they are still right.

Who knows. What I do know is its on the internet and it will never go away. They will both live on either in glory or infamy. Cancer research took a two steps forward and one step back in the last six weeks, or is it one step forward and two steps back? Whatever credibility they gained is now gone because it will forever be doubted.

But you can't take it back if its online. Sorry.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...