Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Life in pain

Recently the National Pain Report did a survey on women in pain. I was one of the 2400 some participants... You can read the results here if you wish.

I have a few takeaways from the survey:
  • If you aren't happy with your doctor, for example they tell you your pain is all in your head, it might be time to find a new doctor.
  • If you have problems with the side effects from your pain medication (constipation is common with opioids, for example), it might be time to find a new medication. I am on an opioid pain patch and do not have constipation issues (if you must know) but I get a lot of pain relief with it.
  • It is nice to know I am not alone with multiple pain issues
  • Women do feel pain differently then men.

But then it is sad to know that women still feel discriminated by the medical system.

But we are all still here....


No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...