One friend told me that she asked her doctor about it and he told her it wasn't appropriate for her. She thinks she could go off all her other medications if she could go to pot. Another blogger recently revealed her problems trying to determine how much marijuana was contained in cookies she purchased.
Medical marijuana has been looming outside of my wheelhouse recently. I have heard it could help my pain levels and other issues but I have never really followed up with it. But its appeal is slowly growing.
I have thought about marijuana and its benefits but the whole idea of smoking at this point had zero appeal. Then I learned you can cook with it, brew it, and bake it. That has more potential. I could see drinking pot tea for its benefits. I could see making some cookies with it or maybe a bowl of soup....
I also found that these are the benefits of medical marijuana:
- Weed can be used to treat Glaucoma.
- It may help reverse the carcinogenic effects of tobacco and improve lung health.
- It can help control epileptic seizures.
- It also decreases the symptoms of a severe seizure disorder known as Dravet's Syndrome.
- A chemical found in marijuana stops cancer cells from spreading in the lab.
- It may decrease anxiety.
- THC may slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
- The drug eases the pain of multiple sclerosis.
- Other types of muscle spasms could be helped too.
- It lessens side effects from treating hepatitis C and increases treatment effectiveness.
- Marijuana treats inflammatory bowel diseases, including Crohn's disease.
- It relieves arthritis discomfort.
- It keeps you skinny and helps your metabolism.
- While not really a health benefit, marijuana spurs creativity in the brain.
- Pot soothes tremors for people with Parkinson's disease.
- Marijuana helps veterans suffering from PTSD.
- Marijuana protects the brain after a stroke.
- It might protect the brain from concussions and trauma.
- It can help eliminate nightmares.
- Weed reduces some of the awful pain and nausea from chemo, and stimulates appetite.
- Marijuana can help people trying to cut back on drinking.
I particularly like #5, 9, 12, and 13. I also like the idea of 14 and 19. All the others sound good too but are not appropriate for me.
Maybe its time for a cup of tea or a batch of brownies....