Thursday, October 16, 2008

Maybe I am finally getting this

Call me slow but perhaps I am finally getting this. When you have surgery, you need to take it easy to recover. If you over do things, you get weird little pains from where they poked around inside you that don't necessarily coincide with your incisions. (This can also happen if the cat walks on the area of your surgery.)

Yesterday morning I was very tired but I went to an interview for a walk, the grocery story, and got my nails done. I also managed to do a lot of nothing (translated to wasting time on the internet) between all that. Then I even went to bed early. Well, I was tired and I was going to watch the debate in bed. They started talking about the economy so it was time to put cotton in my ears and listen to the blah, blah, blah. Then I fell asleep. That was restful until the cat invaded and decided to stretch out with his paws in my ear...

Today I feel a little better, not as tired but once again I have a busy day - but at least I have light pink fingernails and dark brown toe nails - so I can be tired in style. No I am not obsessing about a manicure/pedicure. It is my one indulgence these days. I don't buy clothes and make up. I don't get my hair cut (because of the Lorax issue) but I do get my nails done because I want to. That's enough of a reason.

This morning I am working from home (and wasting time on line) until I go to work early. Then a friend is coming in from out of town, we will go for a walk and out for Mexican food. I haven't had Mexican food since last spring either. I can't wait. They have the BEST guacamole (and no I am not going to tell you where this restaurant is because its tiny and is really good and really cheap and I don't want to have it end up being crowded).

A busy weekend of fun things is planned but we really don't have a schedule - just call us unorganized. But we will have fun which is the most important thing.

In the meantime, here is another inconclusive sound bite. Nicotine spurs breast cancer growth. Hmmm... Well if you read the article you will learn that at least they plainly state that this is what happened in a lab dish but they don't know what this means for humans. So why publish this so it can be picked up, taken out of context, and distorted if it only proves that it has any effect in a lab dish. Perhaps they should wait until they can say it has an effect on humans.

The other day I mentioned something about an article on there being no breast cancer/caffeine link. Well, then yesterday someone pointed out a different article on drinking four or more cups of coffee daily and its impact on developing breast cancer. I think they publish these things regularly just to keep us all confused.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...