Monday, October 13, 2008

More hair issues

Yesterday, my husband said to me 'you look like a Dr Seuss character!' because the hair on my head was standing up straight, just like the Lorax or Cindy Lou Who or Sam (as in Green Eggs) or any number of other Dr Seuss characters. These days it is definitely uncooperative.

It finally is appearing like it might return to its normal color but has some curl on the end which means it does its own thing - no matter what I do. And its too short. The next cut will probably remove all the remaining curl, but will, obviously, make it shorter. So my dilemma is how long do I fight with the stupid Dr Seuss prone hair so it is longer before getting what I hope are the last of the curls cut off? This will be a test for me. I will continue to suffer in silence.

Now to continue our key numbers from yesterday - there are now less than 100 days of George Bush in the White House. What ever your leanings, I think most Americans will be glad to see the end of him. Another key number 22 days until the election and counting. This means 22 days until we stop hearing about political ads and campaigns and can return to worrying about the economy, the war, and all the other issues we are all avoiding these days.

Yesterday I did survive our bike ride. I think I will be going again in the next week or so. It did give me some pains and cause me to take a nap yesterday but otherwise went well. I probably went 10-12 miles tops at a speed that was not breaking any records - Walter pointed out that he was coasting most of the way... I also dug holes for more bulbs but have many more to dig... what was I thinking when we bought so many? Oh I know, that Walter would dig the holes. I will have to work on that.

Speaking of exercise, in today's newspaper, there was actually an article I agree with for once (this does happen occasionally). Exercise helps prevent fatigue, especially for people who are sick with things like cancer, in addition to the common cold. I could gloat but I won't. I will just go for a walk today.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...