Thursday, October 2, 2008

The things you learn by reading the newspaper


I read the paper this morning, just like I do every day. I learned that the Senate passed the bail out bill - not sure how much I agree with that. Wall street messed up, overpaid its executives, and banks lent money to people who couldn't pay it back and we bail them out. We managed to mess it up so much that without a bailout we would be in worse shape. Politics is all about voting for least worst - that's how you decide on candidates and how politicians decide on legislation - which one is the lesser of the evils.

But apparently there are some breakthroughs in detecting breast cancer using x-rays. Hmmm... But its only an additional set of eyes to confirm what the radiologist reads. Is this significant? Maybe it replaces a person with a machine - I believe that is called 'progress'.

I find this story rather humorous - a former notorious gang hang out - where Whitey Bulger would figure out who to bump off next - is going to become a Pentacostal ministry. The new minister said he would take donations from the former tenants as well.

Otherwise, yesterday I went to the eye doctor and got my eyes checked. They are fine but now I have a new prescription and can get new glasses to replace the ones that broke a few weeks ago (that lovely Krazy Glue repair). I also got a lot of work done from home. Isn't it Murphy's law that the one time you need to leave the house during the day, is the only torrential downpour of the week?

Yesterday I was bad. I was very bad. I ate pizza. You have to understand I have been on this stupid low fat diet since last spring. I have been very restricted in what I could eat. This has meant no pizza. We maybe eat pizza every month or so, its not like we eat it every night. Its nice to eat it when you get the craving for it. But if you are told you can't have something, then you really, really want it. Now my gall bladder is gone and I can eat what I want. So I had pizza. Just a Neapolitan pizza with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and a little grilled chicken. Yum, yum, yum.

Today I have lots of work to do. Actually, let me rephrase that I have lots and lots of work to do. And I have to go to work. Eek! I am not motivated. Actually, today I have a dilemma: watch the real vice presidential debate or wait for SNL to do a skit on it and watch that version.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...