Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Novel Idea

Let's ask the patients what they want. In the past, funders for the biotech world never thought that patient's opinions matter. I mean really, what possibly could the patient's opinions matter in funding start ups in biotech?

Now funders are asking patients about their opinions as well as on sales and marketing of a drug.

Think about it for a moment, the car industry spends millions upon millions on customer surveys. How else would they know that the number of cup holders is so important to minivan moms? Its an age old theory to ask the end users of a product what they think  - hence Amazon reviews. But it took a long time to get to biotech.

I have a bunch of opinions for on my medications as well:
  • Stop making giant pills. Squish everything down into little bitty ones that are easier to swallow. But make them bright colored so you can find them if you drop them on the floor.
  • No medications should have the side effect of 'may cause weight gain'. They should all suppress your appetite
  • About those bubble packs where you have to press the pill through the foil? No, no, no, a thousand times no. They make my hands hurt. 
  • And the stretchy foil impossible to break plastic that tops vitamin and pill bottles? Outta here. They need to be the nice easy paper ones that I can rip off with out a sharp instrument.
Okay? Thanks. Bye.


No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...