Friday, January 9, 2015

Why it cant just be a simple cold

I no longer just can have a simple cold. I have the immune system of I don't know what - a jelly bean? It is almost as bad as not having one. It is very suppressed because of my methotrexate for rheumatoid. Monday and Tuesday I mentioned feeling dizzy. Wednesday was Methotrexate day. Thursday afternoon all of a sudden I couldn't keep my eyes open.

I took a nap at 3. Woke up at 6 when my husband came home and cancelled almost all my obligations for today.

I asked a friend who was coming for tea at 11 not to come because I am sure she doesn't want my germs. I cancelled my nail appointment. I cancelled the plumber who was supposed to come today - and he was understandably upset. I will contact him and apologize and reschedule once I am better and can refigure out my schedule.

I did not cancel my back pain doctor appointment because I need to get in to see him so we can figure out what can be done for my back sooner rather than later. This will be my one excursion outside - I have until 2pm to motivate. I do need to get up and go eat something so I can take my next pills without felling nauseous on top of that. Maybe if I eat something and drink an Emergenc-E, I might feel better enough to take a shower.


Maybe some tylenol and mucinex too.

We were going to go out for a walk in our efforts to get healthier this weekend. This is now not going to happen. I am supposed to meet a friend for coffee on Sunday. That probably won't happen as well.

Monday I am supposed to go to work - that may or may not happen.

Why you ask? Because if I get a little cold it can quickly turn into something nasty. A year or so ago, my husband got a brief cold, and I ended up with a double ear infection and had to skip a planned vacation.

And while I am sick, I need to skip my methotrexate injection until I am better which means my RA can start to flare up.  I wish it was just a simple cold.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...