Saturday, January 17, 2015

I love this time of year

There is so much optimism in the health news this time of year (not so much the rest of the news especially with the ongoing European terrorism).  What I am referring to is the deluge of advice on flatten belly fat, eat healthier, and, my favorite,  how to really lose weight.

As with everything on the internet, we must take these with a grain of salt (and possibly a large margarita as well). Eating healthier does include eating more vegetables but I do that. I mean how many vegetables do I need in a day? And will it make all my ailments go away? They are what contribute to my unhealthy body. Because of my ailments, I spend too much time sitting on my butt and too little time hiking, skiing, snow shoeing, walking, etc.

I need real advice on how to be healthier and this is what I have come up with for me this January.
  1. Attempt to go for a walk at least once a week. If I can do that, I can increase my weekly exercise quota. But its not really a reality. Some weeks I just cannot add in a walk because I feel crappy so much of the time.
  2. Stop eating the crap at work. 
I work in a small office 15-18 hours/3 days a week. It is family run and wonderful. But I have never worked in an office with so much junk food, even when I worked for a candy company (Fanny Farmer Candy Shops) and was responsible for all the samples for photo shoots. Even the owners joke about the office 10 lb weight increase.

This week for example, the office manager had a sugar craving and went to the bakery next door and came back with an entire blueberry coffee cake (and a giant cookie for herself). Plus the (giant warehouse store containers of) brownies and cream puffs someone else brought in .

I think if I can attain those two goals, I will be a thinner happier person. I did breakdown yesterday and had a piece of coffee cake, left over Chex mix, and some goldfish. But in avoiding the crap for a couple weeks, the scale had started to move in the right direction.

So I am going to skip the healthy news this year, unless a cure for cancer, fibromyalgia, and rheumatoid arthritis are announced, and stop eating the junk food at work.

3 comments:

Beth Gainer said...

Great, honest post! It is so very difficult to avoid eating junk when it's at the workplace. I could never do it, but perhaps you could eat a fruit or two throughout the day when you have that sweet craving? Your dietary and exercise goals seem on target. Even if you falter, don't give up.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Greeting to you all, my name is Berri Dunn from Sweden, i am here to testify about the good spell work of Dr Malawi Racum a powerful and trusted spell caster, i was in deeper pain almost took my life because there was no more hope for me to live in this world, unfortunately, i got the contact of this great spiritual man of powers, whom i contacted and also tell him all my problems regarding my sickness (cancer) he told me all my problems will be solve with a good result to show for his work, so i tried all he told me to so and behold within just 3days i receive my healing, went to the hospital for check up but the Dr told me how come my cancer was gone without no pills or drugs, oh i want the good people of this earth contact Dr Malawi Racum via email: spellofsolutiontemple@yahoo.com for your any kinds of problems to be solve once and for all.... Thanks....

Unknown said...

NO.1 Spell caster, Voodoo spells, Egyptian magical rings, binding your lover to love you Only, bring back lost lover even If lost for a long time. Do you want your lover to marry you? do you want to stop a divorce or you want a divorce? lucky charms for financial problems. Do you want to win a Court case or win a jackpot? looking for a Job & Promotion at work? are you the only person suffering In the family? you Failing to get Babies (Men & women) family members Jealousy about you? protection charms? do you have bad dreams? are you fired & you want your Job back? do you have problem with your bosses at work? women charms for men to admire you & propose to you. Is he unwilling to marry you?(Come Now) is there Some one disturbing your relationship?(Come Now) Is some one against you at work? don't die with your problems, at Dr Andrew's shrine you will experience a tremendous turn around. Email: drandrewspiritualtemple@gmail.com

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...