Thursday, February 21, 2008

Eco friendly everything these days

It seems you can get eco friendly everything these days. How about a solar powered watch? No more battery replacement! I bought myself a new watch yesterday because I wanted a fancier one and I could get a really good deal at a store that is going out of business. (Walter claims it looks just like my regular stainless watch I wear every day except it is gold and silver, is square not round, has a white dial instead of a black one, and has little (and I mean minuscule) diamond chips. Otherwise, it is exactly the same.) Anyhow, the newest thing in watches is that they are solar powered. You never need to change a battery so you don't need to buy those environmentally incorrect batteries any more. They can run for months once charged and can charge enough to run for one day after 1 minute in bright sunlight. So now what do we do with our politically incorrect, battery run watches? Throw them out? If you think about it, new items are created to be environmentally correct and lower your carbon footprint but what are you supposed to do with the old item that you are replacing - throw it in a landfill? Even if it is recycled and remanufactured some how, it still is polluting. So now what do we do? I will have to ponder this as much as my tiny little chemo brain can handle.

Today's big excitement is a job interview - a potential for gainful employment. There's a concept. Actually this is a 20 hour a week job and would hopefully coincide with the other work I am already doing. The paycheck thing is the most exciting. Yesterday, I got my nails done in an oh-so-subtle bright fuschia in order to be fashionably attired for this interview. If they can't handle fuschia nails at an interview, I don't want to work there either.

Later today I promise I will go to the gym. (Fortunately or unfortunately - depending on how you look at it - we no longer have any Ben & Jerry's in our house.) My interview is this morning and it is too cold to go out side (tropical 14 degrees currently). It may possibly warm up enough to walk outside later but I am not committing myself. Other wise that is my day - a little work from home and a trip to the crisper. I am not sure I can handle all this stress and excitement.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...