Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just something else thats normal

So the ice pick in the armpit syndrome is normally accompanied by peeling chunks of skin. I asked yesterday if this is anything to worry about - recurrence of surgical pain, nerve regrowth, and chunks of skin peeling off - after treatment to the area has ended. Apparently its all normal and to be expected and nothing to worry about. I have to remember that the damage continues for 5 to 7 days after treatment ends.... Not that there was ever really any radiation treatment in my armpit. But its all normal and to be expected. Peeling chunks of skin are icky!

Yesterday I did get an earlier appointment and was done by 245 and home by 315 in the snow. Driving was just starting to get a little funky at the point but the OMWAHs and other idiots did prevail - well yesterday I think the OMWAHs were smart and stayed home. It was the other idiots who were out there. My personal favorite was the guy driving on a snow covered road, over the speed limit, around a blind curve, while chatting on his cell phone. It was slippery but apparently he didn't care. I guess perhaps his cell phone would protect his head in the event of an impact.

While I was out driving around in the snow - having the time of my life - Lahey called to remind me of my appointment at 730 am on Monday. Well according to what I had written down, I need to be there at 7 am. At that point I would prefer to have an extra half hour of sleep so I called to clarify. Apparently I really do need to be there at 7, not 730, and this was confirmed by a person who's voice sounded suspiciously like the one on my answering machine telling me to come in at 730. Anyway, I can't wait. Not only do I get to be there at 7am, but I get looks-like-milk-tastes-like-crap-barium for breakfast. A balanced meal I am sure.

Yes it did snow last night. We plan on snow shoeing later today, possibly with a friend. I am unable to shovel snow - what a shame. But I can go play in the snow. Actually Walter already went out there and cleaned out the driveway. I just have to finish my car and he will clean up the rest of the driveway. Life is tough. (However Walter did come in for a big home made breakfast so he is just as spoiled as the cat - but in denial.)

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...