Monday, February 18, 2008

Today is 80%

Today is crisping number 28 out of 34 which is more than 80% through (or to be exact it is 82.35294% - it only took three tries for my chemo brain to work the calculator to figure that one out - possibly I can remedy this through more coffee). Anyhow, the point is that I am FINALLY getting somewhere in this. Unfortunately, I only have 7 more crispings, including today but then I have 2 sequential days of doctor appointments immediately following so 9 more days of going to Lahey every !@#$&^%*% day. (Not that I am getting tired of going or anything.)

Actually the daily grind of going every day is compounded by the fact that I have to be careful on what I put on my skin - only certain lotions, etc. Some lotions can make burns worse, some can interfere with the crisping effects, and some can be useless. Also, it greatly interferes with my jewelry wearing. No necklaces, etc. that might get in the way of crisping. (Would they turn radioactive?) Its also just a pain the neck to get dressed in the morning and then get undressed and redressed in the middle of the day. I am also supposed to be careful about what vitamins I take. Apparently high doses of vitamins E, C, D and A I think can interfere with cell regrowth or something, blah, blah, blah, I can't remember it all but I am not supposed to take high doses of vitamins during crisping. Its a pain to remember all of this all the time!

My real goal now is to figure out what to do with my life when I don't have to go to Lahey every day and I actually feel somewhat like a human being again. It has been quite some time since this has been the case. Perhaps gainful employment is the way to go. (Now there's a concept.) I have been working on this. I had a job interview a few weeks ago and another one this week. I am working part time. I also hope that another job (work from home) will come through. Too many jobs? Possibly but I will just be happy with the income that these jobs provide. It is useful to pay for things like food, clothes, vacations, cat treats, ice cream, bacon - you know the important things in life.

Yesterday we ended up eating very badly. We went to the diner for brunch after a big walk but ended up eating very fattening things (breakfast burrito for me, Irish eggs Benedict made with hash for Walter), then eating the rest of the Valentines cookies, then a friend dropped off some left over cake we did not need. Serious vegetable and fruit intake is now planned for the week.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...