Saturday, February 2, 2008

I was really inspired to write something

But I can't remember what it was about. It will come to me eventually. Anyhow, I think I forgot to mention that I got the results of my upper GI series and it says I have a hiatal hernia. Apparently this is something you can have and forget about unless you have lots of heart burn. It does NOT require more medical tests and lots of nasty treatment. If you want to go look it up feel free but it basically means that a portion of my stomach has pushed up through the diaphragm. There is no treatment or cure unless massive heartburn causes esophageal erosion or it twists and cuts off circulation and those are very rare.

Now I must clear up something. My brother is accusing me of being ageist and sexist as I continually cite OMWAHs for their driving skills or lack of. I must clarify. You do not need to be old or male to drive like an OMWAH. I knew girls in high school with the same level of driving skills. The real criteria are:
  • the totally inability to pull into a parking space without 3-4 tries to back and fill,
  • to parallel park into the same space for 10 minutes,
  • the inability to discern in a parking lot who is actually waiting to pull out of a parking space vs. has just pulled into one,
  • to have little scrapes all over your car from parking lot 'adventures',
  • to have to constantly replace your car due to numerous collisions (that weren't your fault - the guy behind you didn't see you slam on your brakes at a yellow light - but everyone stops for yellow lights), or
  • the inability to drive at or over the speed limit.
Age and sex are not a consideration. However it seems the population of old men who wear hats when they are driving seem to belong to this club with a fairly high frequency. Possibly because their wives have given up driving so they are forced to do it when they possibly shouldn't. (PS to my brother: if you ever drive like an OMWAH, I will tell your children and they will shame you for life. Could you imagine having to give up the keys to your car to Kenny????)

Yesterday, I did have an exciting time. I went for my walk with a friend, had coffee, went to CVS to buy the necessary supplies for my colonoscopy (which clearly will be the high point of my week, if not month), went to the library, crisper, grocery store, and bank. I ended my day at the manicurist. I now have pink fingernails. I am very happy. In fact I do feel the need to share them with you. I will say my picture taking skills were impaired by my cat. The manicurist said that even though my toe nails are in such bad shape I can probably get a pedicure in another month!

Today is nice and sunny and low 40's. I am going for a walk to walk off bacon-of-the-month club for breakfast. (We do not share it.) Later I am meeting friends for coffee. My very exciting life. I still can't remember what I was so inspired to write about so this will have to do. Maybe tomorrow I will...

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...