Saturday, February 16, 2008

Looks are deceiving

If I didn't know better, I would assume today is a nice day to go to the beach. The sky is blue, a bunch of bike riders went by, its a beautiful day. However it is only 18 degrees. I am going to put on several layers of clothing and go for a walk. Why you ask? So I can eat a nice big meal tonight and have dessert. (Food is important in my life in case you haven't figured that out yet.)

Well actually, they say cancer patients who exercise for 30 minutes or more 5-6 times each week have a lower recurrence rate. I am all for lowering my recurrence rate so I go for a walk as often as I can. I could go to the gym but the treadmill is boring. I have learned to time my weekday visits to the gym so I can watch the Ellen DeGeneres show while on the treadmill. No show to watch on the weekends and its more crowded so I will go outside and hope I don't get hypothermia - that kind of defeats the purpose.

Otherwise, today is Valentines Day for us. However someone has not yet been to the store. Hmmm... I got him something. He will figure it out eventually. We are going out to a nice fancy Italian meal tonight at a local restaurant. I figure I should be able to stay up long enough to have a nice meal. We never go out at night because I am always exhausted. Today I am going for my walk and meeting a friend for coffee. Then I will rest up for going out with a Netflix movie and the cat.

Speaking of the cat, he has basically returned to his normal self and put his full concentration into eating his canned food last night. This means while eating it bombs could be dropping and wild animals could be running through the room but nothing is going to bother him while he eats. His bowl was spotlessly clean in less than 5 minutes. I think sometimes he just likes to worry me.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...