Monday, February 11, 2008

Ice cream twice a day

Is that wrong? Yesterday, I had a bowl of vanilla sheep's milk ice cream (sprinkled with cocoa powder) while watching a Netflix after lunch. Then after dinner I had a small bowl of butter pecan. I don't see it as particularly habit forming or addicting but is there anything wrong with this? I really am just trying to make space in the freezer.

Well, you would think the cat is happy with his giant bag of dried food. Then why didn't he ever eat his canned food dinner last night? I think he is working on being a bigger PITA than usual. He takes annoying to new heights some times. Yesterday I was sewing up a hole the pocket of Walter's jacket, so he had to sleep on the jacket at the same time. When I was done, he wanted to sit between me and my book. He also wanted to steal my ice cream (but could have cared less about having some of our dinner - sea scallops. Yes he is weird. He goes nuts for a can of tuna fish but doesn't notice tuna steaks.)

Actually dinner was quite good. Sea scallops as I noted with a yummy sauce. Recipe from a friend: 4 large garlic cloves, 2 T soy sauce, 2 T rice vinegar, 1 T fish sauce, 1 T sugar, 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes, 1 T fresh lemon juice, 10 fresh celantro leaves. In a saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients and heat to barely a boil. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Add cilantro at serving time. I did skip the cilantro as we don't like it. It was very yummy. I saved the rest of the sauce and will buy some fish for later this week to serve it with.

Tonight's dinner is butterflied leg of lamb which I will marinate this morning. We will also have sauteed mushrooms and salad. My life revolves around food these days.

I did discover something this weekend. If you are really tired and go to the grocery store, you will end up not buying some things you need. I meant to buy margarine but it was too complicated to compare two different ones, so I got neither. I also meant to buy seltzer but it was way back in the far end of the store so I didn't. This means I have to go back to the store again.... Also, at the farm stand I did not get enough fruit and vegetables for the week so I will need to go back as well. (I am sure you are saying why don't you get fruit and vegetables at the grocery store? I am spoiled by the quality at the farm stand and its actually closer.)

Enough about food. I did spend approximately four hours being part of the problem (watching too much TV) yesterday and slept well last night but am rather tired this morning. Between being tired and the fact that it is a tropical 9 degrees outside, I will drive to the gym shortly and walk on the treadmill. Then I go to work and then to crisping. That is my day. I think I am too tired for anything else.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...