Friday, February 22, 2008

Its not very restful

Its not the fatigue (because there is not radiation fatigue, just cumulative treatment fatigue) that makes you tired. Its not very restful when you can't sleep because of the little tingly nerves and the 'ice pick in the armpit' syndrome. Apparently its normal to feel little tingly electric jolts as nerves regrow that were radiated. This is normal to be doing this in my upper arm and side even though there was no radiation there. Unfortunately, they don't understand that I want to sleep at night and don't appreciate the tingly jolts waking me up. Then the 'ice pick in the armpit' syndrome is not conducive to a good night's sleep either. And it comes and goes. I wake up and it hurts. I lie there and think should I go find some tylenol or something and then it goes away. But then it comes back. But then it goes away. But then it comes back. I didn't sleep well. I can stay home and be crabby today.

Actually I can't stay home today. I have to take my crabbiness and go out today. Where else? But to Lahey. And its snowing. We are supposed to get 6-10 inches. I hope this is another one of those 'we will let the media blow it all out of proportion and send everyone into a tizzy and to the grocery store storms'. It is already snowing now. My appointment isn't until 2 pm. I will call and see if they have any cancellations for this morning so I can go earlier.

Perhaps I will be more coordinated today than yesterday. While walking out of a store, I pulled my car keys out of my pocket and also pulled out my clip on sunglasses - that I promptly ran over with my own grocery cart. They seem to have survived for the most part - no cracks but somewhat warped. Of course they are indestructible because they only cost $12. Its always the expensive stuff that breaks first. Its the cheap stuff that will survive anything and never wears out.

Also, yesterday I lost the daily battle with the stupid &*#$&%*(#&^ parking lot. I am not going to miss that after next week. It turns out that the Press for Assistance button is broken. You need to use the other Press for Assistance button that is located on a separate post. You are supposed to know that the little tiny arrow is pointing towards the other button, not to the broken button. This is why no one answers when you press it!

I don't think I will go to the gym today. They are putting in new carpeting in the locker room and areas of the gym that were never recarpeted when they renovated about five years ago. Its hard to work out when there are carpet guys all over the place - and right behind the treadmills - never mind that they are in the ladies locker room too! This may force me to go walk outside in the snow... A little fresh air might not be a bad idea.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...