Tuesday, February 19, 2008

These things are just so complicated

Yesterday for lunch I had a miso soup purchased from Trader Joe's. Its the kind in a bowl that you just add water - or so I thought - and voila you have soup. No, this wanted me to add hot water to soak the noodles, dump out the water, add the base and seasoning packet (but not all, just to taste and it didn't say that on the instructions, only on the little packet), add more water, microwave, and enjoy. First of all, it seemed like a lot of work. Then rehydrated tofu is just like eating watery styrofoam. Finally, the worst part is - do I recycle the bowl or not? It is one of those weird plastic looking materials that are made from something natural. So, do I put it in the trash or in the recycle bin? More than I could handle. I couldn't decide so I left it on the counter. And the worst part was the soup tasted horrible and I didn't eat it. So much work and they forgot to put flavor into their seasoning packet - or maybe I dumped out the flavor with the first water used to heat the noodles. See how complicated this was?

Perhaps this complicated soup was the reason I was exhausted yesterday. Or maybe it was the walk I took. I admit it was a long one for me. I walked to the bank and back, by way of the water tower. So up over most of the big hill and then down and then back home. Maybe 4 miles (which is not out of the ordinary for me). But I was really tired yesterday afternoon. I had to be part of the problem again (the TV watching thing again) and sit down and do nothing for a couple of hours. I do need to find out when the national turn off your TV week is so I can plan something else to do for a week.

Okay, I just googled it (Google is your friend - you can find out anything on Google - but Google is evil and is tracking search patterns...). Its not until April. I have plenty of time to figure out something by then - or perhaps I will just feel better and not need to sit around and do nothing! In my search for this information, I also uncovered an article titled 'Why TV Makes You Fat'. (Obviously, if you eat ice cream and bacon while watching TV you will get fat.)

Today I am still relatively tired even though I slept well. Perhaps this is the radiation fatigue that I have heard rumors about. It is different from chemo fatigue or post-surgery fatigue. Basically, all three of these just make you tired.

Since I am tired, I keep forgetting about my little cross country trip here. When I last mentioned it I think I said I was driving around, getting lost, having car problems, etc. I do still feel stuck on the road but feel that I have at least made it back to the Eastern time zone (is that standard or day lights savings time - I can never remember). Progress has been made but still have many hassles to go.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I have had radiation fatigue for at least 2 weeks now...and I'm about the same place you are with treatments.

Check out www.workingsolutions.com if you're looking to work from home. I was doing it before this lovely adventure began. :)

Susan said...

I think a virtual party on Feb. 26th is in order!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...