Friday, February 8, 2008

Its not a very good diet

The evil goo did its job but I only lost 2.4 lbs. And I bet most of it will be back tomorrow. There are better ways to lose weight - perhaps eating right and exercise are a better way. (Doh!) Last night when Walter came home, I convinced him to read my blog. He usually doesn't as he says he lives with me so he knows what is going on. His only comment was 'should I move the TV into the bathroom?' (How supportive!)

Anyhow, I was originally scheduled for 330 this afternoon but they changed it so its 145 pm but we need to leave at 1230 to go get crisped first. Any crisping I miss gets added on to the end and I just want these to be over. Walter is taking the afternoon off from work. As soon as he gets home, we will leave. He will drop me at my crisping appointment and then go eat lunch while I go to my appointments. I actually am a little hungry this morning so I am dining on jello, apple juice, and herbal tea. I have about 10 more minutes to go and no more clear liquids! Of course, I am sure I will be starving soon.

About my jello. Its not quite the culinary feat I mentioned. I found the bottom of it has a tough layer of not quite completely dissolved jello. I can make mousse, souffle, and a lot of other things, but apparently not jello.

Tonight for dinner I clearly am going to make something quite yummy. It will probably be fattening as well. Perhaps grilled chicken pannini sandwiches with swiss cheese? Hmmm... I have all day to think about it. The real food problem is (and don't tell the cat) but we are out of his dried food that he usually eats continually all day long. We only have what is in his bowl. He will be quite put out if he can't walk by and eat a piece or two. Actually, he will be a royal pain in the butt. Maybe I should run out to the store this morning and get him some more....

Yesterday I didn't get to do the work stuff I wanted but I met a friend for a walk. We walked during the snowiest hour of the day. It was very pretty but we got a little cold and damp. Today I don't think I will exercise. I need to save my energy for my big adventure this afternoon (and buying cat food). I also have to make sure I dress appropriately for my big adventure. This is one of those days: go to Lahey clinic, put on the Dr. Seymour Butz gown, get dressed, put on another Dr. Seymour Butz gown, get dressed. My clothing again must be fashionable and crushable - resist being put in a locker twice. I will spend some time perusing my closets (instead of thinking about food).

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...