Saturday, February 9, 2008

Which would you rather be?

The person receiving the colonoscopy or the person performing one? Now, while I am sure the doctor who performed is well compensated, I am not sure I would choose it as a career path. I am sure there are not a lot of five year olds running around saying 'Mommy, when I grow up, I want to perform colonoscopies for a living'. How do these people pick their careers?

Anyhow, it went fine. I have normal insides, at least in that area. (Some parts of me are normal at least. For those who want to dispute if I am normal, I got a piece of paper from the doctor at the end who wrote one word - Normal - so I have proof.) It actually wasn't as bad as it could have been. They give you good drugs. The prep is the worst. That is exactly what everyone was telling me. I do have some hemorrhoids (I know you wanted to know about them) and I get to go see a colorectal surgeon (another career path I would not have chosen) about them.

One of the worst parts was I woke up hungry yesterday. I kept thinking, I should go get a snack and I couldn't. I also just sat around and did nothing constructive. Well, actually I watched the Superbowl ads that I had missed on myspace (www.myspace.com/superbowlads). Everyone had been telling me about the Fed Ex one with the pigeons and now I have seen it.

So we went to Lahey and got crisped. Then we went upstairs to the Endocscopy unit where all these crazy careers are practiced and I got checked in so Walter went and had lunch. After I was done he brought me a bottle of water and FOUR peanut butter cookies. They were YUMMY! He gets a gold star for that! Then I had a snack when I got home and took a little snooze in front of the TV with the cat and then had dinner - chicken and prosciutto pannini sandwiches. Quite good if I do say so myself. But no more jello. I have had my jello quota for the next ten years thank you.

Today I am going for a walk, meeting a friend for lunch and doing laundry. How exciting - well the laundry part certainly isn't. I also am going to the grocery store to buy cat food before the cat figures out we don't have any more. I keep stirring up the little bit thats in his dish to make him think I am feeding him. He can be very easily deceived.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...