Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I think they forgot about me

I got to crisping yesterday, and commented to one of the technicians that it was #23. Instantly they said 'did you have your CT scan and simulation again for the boost?'. Apparently I was supposed to have that before so they boost could be planned. Well, oops! They forgot. It was probably partially my crazy schedule for the last two weeks where I kept on having to rearrange crisping to coincide with other doctor visits. At any rate, today I have to go early and have the simulation, crisping, meet with the doctor, and meet with the nurse (no longer on Mondays). I will bring a good book as I can see this taking a fair amount of time.

I finally think my digestive system has returned to normal since last week's excitement. I think the prep for each test takes a certain amount of time but then you need to allow about 5 days for your digestion to recover. If you think about it, it is rather stressed. Even the test where I just had to drink the looks-like-milk-tastes-like-crap-barium, I wasn't allowed to eat after midnight the night before but I think it took a week before my digestion liked me again.

I will say that I did lose some weight (1.2 lbs) from last week's adventure that has not returned (even though I had ice cream twice in one day). I did not have ice cream yesterday as I was feeling some guilt over that but I did stop by the mall on my way home and was starving (eat a small healthy lunch and the snacking begins) and had a sweet cheese croissant (that was actually pretty awful - definitely machine made from a mix - I hadn't had one in about 20 years and it will definitely be another 20 before another one).

Now the cat's digestion seems to have returned to normal as well. He completely skipped his dinner Sunday night and I ended up throwing out an untouched bowl of food last night. But I refilled it last night and he turned up his finicky little nose again. However this morning the dish is empty. We were starting to get concerned. (Don't you worry when your pets don't eat?)

Otherwise today, not much to do. A work meeting, work, off to Lahey, and then support group. No time to go to the gym today. Possibly tomorrow but it is supposed to snow and then change to rain.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...