Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Second cortisone injection

Yesterday I had my second cortisone injection. It went pretty well except for the fact that they were running over an hour late due to system failure - nothing like waiting for a big needle to make you feel less stressed. But it went okay. I came home and iced it and went for a walk. So far (not to jinx myself) my lower back feels better but they key is if it lasts for more than a few days. I call back in a couple of weeks to let them know.

I was home yesterday with the cat, except for the big needle adventure and my walk. He could barely walk yesterday and I carried him to his litter box twice - where he used it. We took him to the vet last night and this morning they will start measuring his glucose curve (fancy term for figuring out the insulin doses he needs). I will call this afternoon and see how he is doing. He will probably stay through tomorrow as well and then go back next week. We will have to learn to give him shots too.

Now I am late for work so I have to run!!!! New job so I am still trying to make a good impression.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...